Tampa Nursing Home Residents Evacuated Due To Toxic Fumes

TAMPA, FL — About 50 nursing home patients had to be evacuated Friday, April 13, when a maintenance worker cleaning a restroom accidentally mixed bleach and ammonia, creating toxic fumes that caused one person to be hospitalized.

The incident occurred at 5:06 p.m. at the Central Assisted Living Facility, 5010 N 40th St., Tampa.

Tampa Fire Rescue’s hazmat incident team evacuated 50 residents on the affected wing of the facility while the team neutralized the toxic vapor and ventilated the area.

Image via Central Assisted Living Facility

Source Article